N

Fri, Jun 26, 2020 3:04 AM

Considering SimpliSafe? Read this post prior to purchasing.

I purchased the system 6 months ago and it worked well. However, one day when set on away mode system lost power and stopped working. Called SimpliSafe and they told me it's due to poor signal and TMobile outage in my area. Simpli Safe customer service assured me once T Mobile is up and running , my system will automatically restart.

One week passed and still no service. Called TMobile and they stated they had one day of national outage issue but it's resolved and there are no issues with signal strength in my zip code. Called Simpli Safe and they stated I was given wrong information by their customer service rep. In fact SimpliSafe customer service informed me they stopped working with TMobile and that's why my service was cut off. I reminded them I'm current with my payments and that they should have proactively advised customers on action steps in order for service to be uninterrupted.
Simpli Safe customer service stated they will be sending me a new module I need to install in order for the system to restart. However, I was already out of town and my home without security system coverage during riots and unrests in the city of Chicago.

If you are thinking of getting SimpliSafe, do not as it depends on WiFi only and service is frequently interrupted like in this case.
I'm calling SimpliSafe to get a refund and cancel service so that I can sign up with ADT. I'm currently on hold for 48 min, they want you to get frustrated and hang up so that you can keep their lousy system.

SimpliSafe customer support is shit, nobody knows what they are doing and do not put notes in customers' profile . This is why when you call again there is no previous record of you calling before.

Remember, you get what you pay for, with SimpliSafe service is cut off when you need it most even though you are current with your payments.
Super disappointed and will sue them if my home is burglarized during this outage.

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

Il y a 2 y

@ natashalosik6 two items: first, recommend you go with anyone other than ADT, based on my experience. Second, save your money suing SS. Read the Terms of Service, which is about the same for all security companies.

Finally, you may want to ask SS to send you a Verizon SIM to replace the Tmobile SIM

Whatever you decide to do, best of luck.

Advocate

• 

541 Messages

Il y a 2 y

Ours had TMobile as well and they just sent out the newer module and it works perfectly. Yes they should call you to tell you that as I didn't know until I went to call to get more sensors then she said oh we need to send a new one but it's all working perfectly.

Advocate

• 

2.2K Messages

Il y a 2 y

Oh, and SS uses cellular as a backup to wi-fi, so it is not "wi-fi" only.

Advocate

• 

2.2K Messages

Il y a 2 y

Sorry, you are highly unlikely to get a refund on your system, as their return policy is "60 days" and 6 months is 3 times that.

You think SS is bad?  Wait to you experience ADT, and when you do, keep in mind that you can't leave them for 3 years (or more, since preventing contract auto-renewal is difficult)

Advocate

• 

2.2K Messages

Il y a 2 y

Sorry, you are highly unlikely to get a refund on your system, as their return policy is "60 days" and 6 months is 3 times that.

You think SS is bad?  Wait until you experience ADT, and when you do, keep in mind that you can't leave them for 3 years (or more, since preventing contract auto-renewal is difficult)

326 Messages

Il y a 2 y

Also keep in mind that ADT's prices will steadily climb.  When I started my ADT contract, it was somewhere around $43.  By the time I managed to get out of it, it was $59.  The increased prices at least a couple of times per year.  Also keep in mind that when you want new components added, that require a service call.  You pay for both the sensors and the service charge.  Of course ADT also has DIY systems now, so I suppose in that case it might be possible to add sensors on to that type of system.

ADT capitalizes on their name and brand recognition to make money.  To be fair to them, I really didn't have any problems with them after they got my system installed.  Getting it installed correctly was a nightmare because they sent a bunch of different subcontractors out to do shoddy work.  One of them was wearing a Comcast shirt and couldn't have cared less about his ADT gig, one was stoned out of his mind, to the point where I actually expressed concerns about him driving, and the third one actually knew what he was doing.  I ended up with a very barebones system that I was never confident in, and ended up staying with it for five years before moving on.

As far as the contract was concerned, it was three years and then it renewed month-to-month.  It took me three months to get the contract closed out but the did refund me when they realized their error.