A

Tue, Jun 26, 2018 5:01 PM

Doorbell and outdoor camera very close to production

I know that there are many threads about the doorbell and outdoor cams. I twitted SS about it and they responded with the following:

"Hi Alex. The doorbell and outdoor models of the SimpliCam are definitely still on the way. We are getting very close to production! We'll let you know when they're on the way."

I can't wait to add these to my setup.

72 Messages

4 y ago

Thanks for the info! Well looks like it wont be released before the end of the 2nd Qtr thats for sure if they have not even started production yet! Good news that its still on the horizon though!

2 Messages

Maybe I can get a reply here. If you google SimpliSafe doorbell camera Best Buy has it. Best Buy sells SimpliSafe doorbell camera but you can't find anything on SimpliSafes website? Everyone been asking for it so why are they being so hush about it's release??

708 Messages

4 y ago

Not being in the manufacturing nor import/export business, a couple of silly questions.  Since these components are manufactured in China, how long does it take:
1. a production line need run to create an "appropriate" number of devices to make shipping reasonable
2. a ship of product(s) to arrive from China
3. the product to enter the distribution system
4. the vendor (SS) to ship to customers

Are we looking middle to late 3rd quarter of 2018?

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

4 y ago

@General_KAOS, oh ye of little faith! Video doorbell by end of Saturday, end of 2nd quarter!!! Gasp, do you think Simplisafe would ever miss an announced product release date!!?? :-)

Credit Card ready to pay off my bet.  You still need to confirm, is it St Jude's?

BTW, if my guess of Google/Nest acquiring Simplisafe comes true, all of the doorbells and outside cams are ready to roll. i am sure the integration wasn't that difficult.

708 Messages

4 y ago

Thought I did already.  Yes, St Jude.

I go back to one of my other posts: did CEO say Gregorian calendar or give a year?

I guess if SS has someone hand carry a single camera back from China, I guess they could technically announce it is ready for sale...

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

4 y ago

LOL.  Talk about shuttle diplomacy.  My apologies if I missed your other post.  Should be an interesting few days until Saturday. And, just in case, my charity selected is MS.

277 Messages

4 y ago

@Captain11 - https://techcrunch.com/2018/06/29/hellman-friedman-acquires-controlling-interest-in-simplisafe/

216 Messages

Re:hellman-friedman . . .

I notice that this didn't happen until AFTER I became a SS customer..  Those guys at H-F they always seem to wait for my approval!   It's tough being the coolest guy in the room.

1.2K Messages

4 y ago

Interesting...  veddy veddy interesting...

1 Message

4 y ago

Any news/update?  I really need a doorbell camera.

72 Messages

4 y ago

I have a feeling there won't be any news until it's on sale on the site sadly. SS doesn't usually seem to make official release date announcements.

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

4 y ago

@ajp39, yes, unfortunately, that will probably be the case. I have already lost several bets (to charity so not bad) on trying to predict product release dates.

4 y ago

This would be great for SS to make a announcement considering we are likely to go with a competitors product in order to fulfill our needs soon. Thanks.

19 Messages

4 y ago

I really wanted to wait for Simplisafe to release outdoor cameras but I decided I didn't want to wait any longer and went with a 1440p wired/wifi 2 way audio Reolink c1 pro for my front door. It will replace an outdated 720p cam that had bad night vision. It's not an outdoor cam, but it will be under a covered porch and I've already used indoor cams as outdoor cams for years. This should hold me over until Simplisafe gets their stuff out. My wife and I really wanted the 2 way audio so we could tell the neighborhood kids to go away when our kids can't play. This should be perfectly sufficient.

1 Message

4 y ago

We have the original system, I wonder if the doorbell will work with it or would it only work with the new system?

Advocate

• 

2.2K Messages

4 y ago

If, like the original camera, it communicates with SS rather than with your base unit directly, it should work with either system.

Unless they say it won't, assume it will.  And if it does not, return it within 60 days for a full refund.

18 Messages

4 y ago

3 months later from this original post and still not a peep from Simplisafe about this doorbell. It's kinda ridiculous!

1 Message

Hey Babyrocko1908,  I thought I would shed some light on what is happening with Simplisafe and possibly what the delay is. Simplisafe was recently acquired by/ lost controlling stake recently by another company. So at this point there is probably a massive restructuring going on as well as a new strategic plan being constructed thus why the doorbell and camera are being delayed. If I were to give my guess as to when we would see these products I would look to first quarter 2019. Hope this helps.