J

Wed, Jun 23, 2021 12:12 AM

FYI-Order for $1391.25 Cancelled. 40Min wait for Cust NO Svc. They can't tell why. Not the way to start a Secure relationship.

Order for $1391.25 Cancelled. 40Min wait for Cust No Svc They can't tell why. Not the way to start a Secure relationship.  

Yet the credit card charge is still pending...

27 Messages

Il y a 1 a

I find these posts hard to believe. Kind of makes me suspect competition trying to create a false impression, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt that this is genuine.

I put in a new system at my house about a month ago and another system at my daughter's house two weeks ago. Each time I called customer service for different issues/questions, I was on the phone with someone in less than two minutes. Very reasonable considering what Brinks put us through and I was a eight year customer.

Also on tests the monitoring center called within seconds. At my daughter's house she accidentally put in the wrong code...the one used for hostage situations and we had a call within seconds and the police had already been dispatched....they were able to cancel the police while we were still on the phone.

Even if true, I would have dialed back in after waiting a few minutes. I used to work for a very large telecom provider and sometimes calls go into a bit bucket and are lost.

I am sure you will be back posting glowing reports about your next provider. Best of luck.

4 Messages

Il y a 1 a

I am not the competition, just purchasing a system for my new home. Anyone reading this, just find out for yourselves, just don't say you weren't warned in advance. duffy_4 I suspect you may be a SimpliSafe employee.

BTW, I did call back hoping to get someone who could answer why the order was cancelled. Waited another 30 minutes and still no answer as to why the order was cancelled.

BTW, as of this morning, my credit card still shows a debit for the system SimpliSafe cancelled.    

The system and company will be a part of our daily routine for a long time, who would  want such a terrible experience...

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

Il y a 1 a

josh25,

I sincerely apologize for all the trouble you've had to go through. I'm not sure why the agents couldn't just tell you, but just from what you said, it sounds like your order was caught in our automated filter that looks out for potential fraud.
These cases are reviewed by a human agent, and if they need to cancel your order, they would refund it immediately and notify you by email.

But I'm going to go ahead and request a call from our senior Support. We'll make sure that you keep the same deal, with expedited shipping, on a reorder.

- Johnny M.
SimpliSafe Home Security

1 Message

I too placed an order a few days ago and it was cancelled.  I have tried to call to re-instate the order but I never get an answer.  I have emailed and get no response.  Customer service is pretty much non-existent.

4 Messages

Il y a 1 a

John, SimpliSafe cancelled the order. Please ensure my refund is applied immediately.

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

Il y a 1 a

@josh25 customer of 9+ years and two systems in, recommend you give SS a chance to make amends. If not, go with anyone except ADT. Good luck.

Advocate

• 

108 Messages

Il y a 1 a

So a potential customer is upset because they were caught in an automated process that is looking to prevent fraud?  Sounds like an acceptable process from SS.  I mean, I don't get upset when my credit card wants me to verify a purchase because it may have been flagged.  These things happen, it's part of doing business in the digital age.  I'm glad to see that SS has such processes in place.  If anything, it should strengthen your choice with them.  I have personally been a victim of fraud- from credit card to tax returns with the IRS.  I would MUCH rather it get stopped on the front end and would gladly deal with a few hiccups along the way to avoid having to deal with that headache again.

4 Messages

Il y a 1 a

@Captain11 thanks for the heads-up; noted.

@hondaman88, I posted a buyer beware / FYI based on my experience. Reading through the forum, I see it's not an uncommon one. Your scenario is not what I experienced.

Who can wait hours on end for service agents who when finally reached, can not answer questions or fix issues?   I'm not in retirement with idle time to burn.  Failed execution.  

Again, anyone reading this, just find out for yourselves, but please don't say you weren't warned in advance.

Done,. Have to get back to productive work.

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

Il y a 1 a

@josh25 one last comment:  Simplisafe has millions of customers; consider the small number that posts here, and, the point that Simplisafe leaves the posts as is. They do not filter this forum (except for profanity, advertising etc) and yours, the most important to you, of course, is here for you and others to read. I think you will agree that is indicative of how the company is run, and who they are.  Also, having personally recommended and placed over 30 systems over the years, all are still customers. Issues? You bet, but SS address them and keeps all of us happy.

That said, best of luck with your search. Live long and prosper!

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

Il y a 1 a

John, SimpliSafe cancelled the order. Please ensure my refund is applied immediately.

Totally up to you if you don't want to reorder, of course. If your order has been canceled, then yes, the refund has already been pushed through and there's no further action required.

But we still have that call request for you to confirm, as well.

- Johnny M.
SimpliSafe Home Security

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

Il y a 1 a

Sorry about the wait, jeffmagnuson. Our Support team is seeing some extreme call volumes right now but we're all working hard to take care of all of our customers as quickly as possible.

Speaking of, I did check your account and I'm glad to see that you were able to get hold of an agent at last, and you've got a replacement package on the way!

- Johnny M.
SimpliSafe Home Security