Y

Sat, Jan 12, 2019 4:04 PM

Getting the camera doorbell but we don't have a doorbell.

Hello, this may sound stupid so thanks for taking time to read/answer. We purchased a system and it automatically came with the free doorbell camera. However, we don't have a doorbell. Will we have to install a doorbell to use the camera or can we use it on it's own? Again, sorry if this is a silly question.

Accepted Solution

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

4年前

@ yestrdaynvrfades, there are no stupid questions, only thing stupid is not asking.  Yes, you have to have a wired doorbell to use it. If you have a crawl space under your house or basement, may not be that hard to install. You will need the doorbell, a wires to a transformer and to a chime.

Just did a google search and appears to be about 200 in cost if you hire someone to do it for you.

Official Solution

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

3分前

Hi all,

Yes, the Video Doorbell Pro does need to plug into an existing wired analog doorbell system, for both power and sound.

If you'd prefer a wireless solution for watching over your doorstep, you might be interested in the Wireless Outdoor Camera. Learn more here.

216 Messages

4年前

So this won't work with any additional wireless chimes?  Bummer!

44 Messages

4年前

Its crazy this is advertised at working with nearly any doorbell, yet it doesn't work with wireless doorbells, or digital doorbells, which is what 99% of newer doorbell installations use.

86 Messages

4年前

You can sell it and then buy a ring doorbell.  I use ring via battery power and I have the solar frame around it so it always stays charged.  You would incur a $3 monthly charge with ring if you want to save video.

49 Messages

4年前

https://www.wired.com/story/security-news-this-week-employees-may-have-snooped-on-ring-security-camera-feeds/

Things like this would keep me away from Ring.

4年前

Thank you for all the help!