D

Sat, Feb 2, 2019 6:29 AM

Ring Alarm - Home Security System with optional 24/7 Professional Monitoring plus free Echo Dot for $159.99

I just saw this and its $10 per month...and I pay $25 to Simplisafe for the BS app access. This is a great deal and I am jumping in a few weeks to RING.

Advocate

• 

2.2K Messages

Il y a 4 y

Best of luck to you.  And I hope that Ring works at least 2/5 as well for you as SS does.

2 Messages

My neighbor has Ring Protect PLus and it works reliably as SS3 . The differences are cosmetic in terms of sensor size as in Ring sensors are bulkier and larger in size. If the AT&T cellular service coverage is good in your area then the backup service is not a problem and if the sensor installation is done correctly there is absolutely no difference except for the monthly cost; SS3 costs $24.99 and Ring costs $8.33 per month.

Advocate

• 

2.2K Messages

Il y a 4 y

Isn't Ring $10 a month?  Unless you are including the "pay for a year" discount.  In which case, why did you not include the SS "pay for a year discount"?  If you are going to compare their prices, why not be useful and compare equivalent situations?

18 Messages

Il y a 4 y

SS has a pay for a year discount?

130 Messages

Il y a 4 y

@debo_nair

Yes, they do.

96 Messages

Il y a 3 y

@debo_niar

Who cares..

216 Messages

Well, I care! I didn't know about an annual payment plan!  What is the level of discount?

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

Il y a 3 y

@ jloco, Simplisafe customers who want to lower their per month cost. Either you are not a customer trolling these forums or so well off you don't care about a discount.

96 Messages

@ captain 11

I'm a Customer. I have better things to do than troll security system forums! Lol!
I just don't like when people come on here bragging about switching to ring almost  insinuating that those of us with SS are getting ripped off.
If you want to swap go ahead.. there's no need to boast about it on the  SS forum.
SS let's you cancel anytime you want. No questions asked.
It's one thing to come on here and say I've found a solution that better suits my needs at this time. This isn't the first SS bash I've seen here.  To say " BS app access'? Like SS hid the cost or wasn't up front with it. Just move on.

Coming from a ADT @$53 a month SS is a bargain at $24.99. It works

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

Il y a 3 y

@jloco , boy, does it appear that I really misread your post. I thought you were arguing the exact opposite.  Must have been a late night for me.  I too, as stated, had Brinks, then ADT and paid about 45 a month just for security and they pulled every dirty trick in the book to keep me hooked, even after the contract was completed.  SS is far from perfect but they do try hard to get things right.

96 Messages

@captain11

My fault Captain.. I should have said more in my original one liner post than "who cares" LOL!. I've has SS for about 2 months now and am definitely keeping the system with the interactive monitoring plan. I really have no complaints with this service.. The few times I called SS tech support when initially setting up and testing, I got a helpful courteous response. I will say that communication on new features, ie.. microphone on camera, and FW updates could be communicated better.

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

Il y a 3 y

@ jloco , amen to that. Even when SS dropped the video charges of $5 per camera last year and included it at nc on the interactive 24.99 plan it didn't even announce that, just stopped billing.  Hopefully they will work on that in the future. Have a great week.

18 Messages

Il y a 3 y

I am not aware of any annual discount and SS never disclosed it to me..and I have SS for past 6 years or so..

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

Il y a 3 y

I believe the discount is one month free if you pay up front for a year - this might also have been on the order form when purchasing a system, although I don't know if it's still there (or when you set up for interactive monitoring, the option should be there).

429 Messages

Il y a 3 y

You have to call and ask for the annual discount. You prepay for 11 months of whatever plan you want and get 12 months coverage.

I have never seen it advertised except Captain (IIRC) mentioned it in passing a year or so back. I have been on it ever since.

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

Il y a 3 y

@WS729, you do recall correctly and I wouldn't want to disappoint any customers and especially Simplisafe management  by not adding that this information, SS customer support closed holidays and a 1000 other things could benefit customers and SS associates by creating a very good Customer Resource Center (CRC).

End of commercial - until next time. We now return you to your normally scheduled program...... ;_)

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

Il y a 3 y

@glenbarrington, pay for 11 months, get one month free. Not a bad deal.