J

Fri, Nov 27, 2020 2:04 AM

Smart Lock - How to disable disarming

Hello. We are looking at the Smart Lock for our front door. We have read that once the pin is entered to unlock the Smart Lock, the SimpliSafe alarm system disarms. Is there a way to disable this and manually punch the codes on the main SimpliSafe keypad instead of the Smart Lock keypad? I understand that a duress pin can be used in case of emergency. Thanks for your help.

Community Admin

• 

469 Messages

2 y ago

Hi @joeandcarlo,

Currently, the PIN Pad for the Smart Lock will always disarm the system when the correct PIN is entered. If your concern is someone forcing you to enter your PIN to unlock the lock as well as disarm the system, then we have you covered. All of the PINs programmed into your system will work on the PIN Pad including any duress PIN. When the duress PIN is entered on a PIN Pad, the lock will unlock and the system will disarm while sending a silent alarm signal.

In addition to all of the PINs working on the PIN Pad, if an incorrect PIN is entered multiple times, the PIN Pad will stop accepting PINs for increasing periods of time. If incorrect PINs continue to be entered, your All-New SimpliSafe System will alert the monitoring center which will call the user and dispatch police if necessary.

SimpliSafe Social Team
SimpliSafe Home Security

2 Messages

2 y ago

Is SimpliSafe working on a feature to disable this manually? We don't like the smart lock keypad to disable the alarm system from outside.

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

2 y ago

@joeandcarlo,

Right now there are settings that you can adjust for the Smart Lock on a more granular level. For example, when you disarm your alarm system, you can set the Smart Lock to do nothing.

But there's no option yet for the other way around - for the system not to disarm when you unlock.

We've already forwarded your suggestion to our engineering team.

- Johnny M.
SimpliSafe Home Security

1 Message

6 m ago

I know this post is a year old but I just got the smart lock and was also hoping to have this feature, disappointed it's not there. I hope the engineering team is working on it. It's very useful to have a lock that can let someone in but still maintain parts of the house to be alarmed. That's why simplisafe is so great, very customizable per sensor so I can set away and let a dog walker come in but keep the bedrooms alarmed for example. No need for the dog walker to arm or disarm the system. 

1 Message

24 d ago

Buyer beware!!

Also deeply wish that this feature existed. I won't get into the details but in my particular case, I may actually need to return these and go with Nest smart locks! I have guests using the smart locks for a part of the house that MUST NOT disable the alarm. If I knew the design was this limited I would never have bought them in the first place.