T

Wed, Jul 14, 2021 1:16 AM

Unacceptable phone support wait times

For 2 days I have been trying to get in contact with a live person at SimpliSafe.

The 1st day I gave up after being on hold for 1hr & 45 minutes. This call to the support center was for help in transferring over to a new replacement base station. I managed to eventually get the base station transferred over on my own.

SimpliSafe previously asked that I return the defective base station with a return label they will email me. I never received the return label via email so I again tried calling SimpliSafe the next day to inquire about the return label. This time I gave up after being on hold for an hour.

These phone wait times are completely unacceptable for a security company. There should be no excuses and not be up for debate.
Unfortunately, like many, I have time and cost invested in the system to just scrap it all and go with a different security company at the present time.

Hopefully SimpliSafe will make the changes necessary to offer better support.

1 Message

Il y a 1 a

I have been trying to get a refund (for a failed cancelation on Simplysafe's part) and I have been on hold for over an hour. With terrible music... the customer service is really horrible. After all, I should have known that a cheap security company would have bad service. This will be a lesson for me.

Advocate

• 

108 Messages

Il y a 1 a

I have not had issues anytime I call.  I have not had to call recently as my system works fine.  The only time I've had to call was when we changed our monitoring service while going on vacation.  While I understand everyone can have issues with a product, for many of us it's been a "set it and forget it" system.  It just works.  
I agree that the wait times are excessive and SS should tackle that issue immediately.  It has not always been this way.

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

Il y a 1 a

tremors834,

We're sincerely sorry about your experience. Our Support team has been tackling some extreme call volumes lately. But our Support team's leadership has been hard at work as well, and have already set some measures in place to lessen the load. We've been seeing decreased volumes already, though there might still be some times with an extended wait.
To address your initial issue, however, I've gone ahead and sent an email with that Return Label. Let us know if you need anything else!

marconistico,

Again, apologies for the wait. I do see that you've already been able to get through. If there's anything else we can help with, let us know as well.

- Johnny M.
SimpliSafe Home Security