ljcarney63's profile

Thu, Sep 22, 2022 2:56 PM

iOS 16 Landscape Mode

My iPhone 14 Pro does not rotate to landscape.  Whereas my old iPhone that I switched from, an iPhone 12 Pro still switches - but I am running iOS 16 on the 14 Pro.  Could that possibly be the difference?

This post was created from this reply on different post

Official Solution

Community Admin

• 

3.2K Messages

8日前

Hi folks,

Thanks for reporting! This is a known issue that is occurring for users on iOS 16. Our dev team is currently investigating. I'll keep you updated when we have a fix.

12 Messages

9日前

I have the same issue… was always able to rotate the live camera on my prior phone which had iOS 15.7…not working on iOS 16!

12 Messages

9日前

My previous iPhone with iOS 15.7 always would rotate the live camera feed to landscape…just got a new iPhone with iOS 16 and that no longer works. I posted this as a comment on a thread concerning rotating in iPadOS, but thought I should make a separate post. Is there any chance of this being addressed?

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Live camera on Video Doorbell Doesn’t Rotate to Landscape Mode with iOS 16

2 Messages

I can confirm this. Three cameras installed and none can be viewed in landscape since iOS 16 update. We’ll hopefully see a Simpisafe app update in the next week or so. I understand that it sometimes takes some time to get updates through Apple’s review process. 

2 Messages

Same issue here…I thought it was just me, lol

2 Messages

7日前

Same for me after updating to iOS 16  on my iPhone 12 Pro Max.  It makes for a very small video :)

2 Messages

I can’t blame iOS 16 because everything else rotates, just not my SimpliSafe camera. It’s that “simple”.

1 Message

6日前

Same here.  IMO, iOS 16 is nothing but crap.

15 Messages

2日前

Stop blaming iOS! We are seeing the result of a poor decision by the SimpliSafe dev team to release a non-native app. I reported this issue months ago in the early days of iOS 16 Dev Beta Program. It continues to be an issue under 16.1 Beta 3. The same Dev Beta Program your development team participates in so we’ve all known about this issue since June. This isn’t some “new” problem Apple dropped on you that you’re now investigating it’s been a known problem almost 4 months!

Community Admin

• 

3.2K Messages

2日前

@timwmetz and @dfatheree ,

I wouldn't necessarily blame Apple for this. It's possibly a compatibility issue that our own dev team needs to solve.

But thank you for reporting! We're still investigating, and I'll keep you updated when we have more info.

15 Messages

@davey_d​ deleting customer posts, that are factual, but you don’t like?

Community Admin

• 

3.2K Messages

@JeffG360​ not sure what you mean. I do agree with you that this issue needs to be resolved on our end.

15 Messages

2日前

I am dealing with a catastrophic hurricane here and I can’t see what’s going on the way I should be able to and expected. It’s not some crazy suggestion benefiting a small percentage of your users! It’s basic functionality! You have known about for almost 4 months! Go ahead and delete this post too. You can do that but I’ll keep posting where you have no control, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. This is an event where having a SimpliSafe system should have been a positive rather than a source of frustration. Disappointed by your actions and the dev team’s inaction since June.

(edited)