Woowee_oowee's profile

Sat, Apr 9, 2022 3:55 AM

Outdoor camera keeps randomly detect motion at night

The camera had this issue just yesterday(

April 7th) and it keeps "detecting motion" every few minutes or so. The battery was drained overnight since it kept detecting ghost motions. This weirdly only happens at night and I've set it to the lowest motion setting yet, it still happens.

The software is up to date fyi and my street is not a busy one.

Accepted Solution

Captain

• 

4.6K Messages

Il y a 4 m

@Woowee_oowee  I have two outdoor cameras, both using the AC adapter so I don't worry about climbing ladders to swap batteries. Highly recommend you use the AC adapter or the solar panel. That aside, note that rainfall, sleet or snow can make your camera start recording. Depends on lighting conditions, tree limbs in the wind moving etc. Mine rarely now record in error but it took some "tweaking" to get them there. First, use the provide "zone" settings to exclude any area you wan the camara to ignore for motion. For me, if its beyond the sidewalk next to the street, don't care, so they are excluded. Next, the sensitivity setting. Mine are both set on medium, not high. If still an issue call support. Good luck.

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

Il y a 4 m

@Woowee_oowee the Captain has some excellent advice. I would also add that the Outdoor Camera does use a built-in Motion Sensor that works like the one we have for the main system; that is, it works by detecting sources of heat that are moving around in the scene. So if you're getting ghost triggers, it might be worth thinking about heat-generating objects nearby. Maybe outdoor lamps or vents?

14 Messages

Il y a 4 m

Unfortunately I am seeing the exact same issue, recording every other minutes, no video whatsoever! I’ve adjusted motion to almost nothing, switch the night vision and even took it down face in a corner with nothing going on.

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

@folivertx​ I'm not sure you're seeing the exact same issue, since it sounds like the original poster is definitely still getting recordings. Though it is especially concerning that you're still getting triggers even when the camera is facing a wall, so there couldn't possibly be any actual triggers.

I would suggest resetting your camera, in case it's a software issue. You can do that by pressing and holding the button in the back for 16 seconds. When you release, the camera can be set up again like new from the SimpliSafe app.

14 Messages

@davey_d @How many times will we need to reset the camera! to only have it working for couple hours then break again⚽️ The behavior is the same many blank recording to then eventually the No video, adjusted the motion to almost none created zone to almost 1 little center area just for testing purpose still the same, and I can for sure tell you still all started after the latest version 1.7 xxx. 

i have a screen recording of them all if they would be of any help to confirm similarity here 

18 Messages

Yup. It's this latest update outdoor camera update that Simplisafe seems to refuse to fix!! 

18 Messages

Il y a 2 m

I'm having the EXACT same problem. It happens only at night and it's detecting motion every 3 minutes at dusk. By the morning, the battery is dead. The outdoor camera is basically useless. 

1 Message

Il y a 2 m

I have 3 outdoor cameras and they all did this the first week I had them.  I removed the battery and changed the setting to high motion and PEOPLE ONLY.  I have not had an issue in over a month.  Hopefully they will fix the glitch, because I would prefer all motion.  

18 Messages

@RJSevers​ I will try these settings today once the battery is finished charging. 

14 Messages

Looks like the issue might be with the Spotlight (I have switched it to Standard under the Night Vision Mode) I have not had the issue. Hopefully they are intaking those feedback and implementing in the next fix to come 

1 Message

Same issue battery dead camera going off every 2 minutes all night