gregter's profile

Fri, Jan 14, 2022 3:49 AM

Wtf?

Firmware is what?

Advocate

• 

417 Messages

Il y a 7 m

You didn't actually ask a question but I assume your "wtf?" is about the version number?  I've seen this reported before from multiple people after one time that SS released firmware for the Outdoor Camera. It went away for most people after a day or two but some had to reboot and/or reset (press and hold button for 3 minutes) their cameras to kick start the process.

@davey_d Any idea why their screenshot shows a "Connection Strength" option? I'm running v1.4.4.262 and I (still) don't have any option for that.

(edited)

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

Il y a 7 m

Hi gregter,

Looks to me like the app is returning an incorrect/null value. It should update with the correct info eventually. But if not, a reset might be required.

@worthing  Looks like he's showing us the Camera Settings page for an Indoor Camera. The Outdoor Camera, which is on a newer server platform, doesn't yet have the Connection Test available.

40 Messages

@davey_d​  This was the outdoor camera that showed the connection check on the wonky firmware version. It went back to 1.4.4.262 after a day or so. Today at work I checked the app and it said “upgrading“. Checked a bit later and same version. Connection check goes away when on proper version.  

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

Oh, then something weird was definitely happening, or the app was confused about the correct version of your cam.

But yep, Connection Check is an upcoming feature that shouldn't be available yet.